Local Foods Plymouth is now accepting SNAP benefits to be used at our online farmers’ market! SNAP users can easily sign up for a free membership (see “Memberships” in the menu at left) and start ordering SNAP eligible items. All orders are picked up at the UPS store on Main Street, Plymouth, NH from 3:30-5:30pm on Thursdays and the summer outdoor market.
What is SNAP/EBT?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the nation’s largest nutritional assistance program and the cornerstone of federal government efforts to alleviate hunger in the U.S. and its territories.
SNAP benefits are accessed via an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card that is processed using electronic funds transfer technology. SNAP/EBT tokens can be used to buy certain consumer products (see below for eligible and non-eligible items) To find out if you are eligible and for more information visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligibility or call 1-800-221-5689.
We are excited to have you on board. There are just a few easy steps to take in order for you to start ordering healthy, local foods from our year-round, online farmers’ market:
SNAP debit cards can also be used at our outdoor seasonal Farmers’ Market. And, beginning June 15th, 2015, we will be participating in the Granite State Market Match project. This project matches every one dollar you spend with one extra dollar ~ to be used for fruits and vegetables purchases!
- Become a Local Foods Plymouth member by clicking on “Membership” in the Categories section on the left-hand side of our webpage. Our online store is open Sunday afternoon through 7:00am Wednesday morning.
- Choose SNAP free membership
- Create a member profile (name, address, email etc.)
- Shop our online market for SNAP eligible items (see list of eligible items below), and be sure to click on pay by SNAP user when checking out. Once your order has successfully been placed, you will receive a confirmation email. Please do not click on the “confirm order” button more than once, or your order may be placed multiple times!
- Pick up your order on Thursday at the UPS store on Main Street, Plymouth, NH from 3:30pm-5:30pm. Make sure to bring your SNAP/EBT card to pay for your SNAP eligible items. REMINDER: You can only use your SNAP/EBT card for eligible items. Non-eligible items will have to be paid for with a personal check at the time of pick-up. You will be required to enter your SNAP pin number at time of purchase
SNAP ELIGIBLE ITEMS for Granite State Market Match:
SNAP ELIGIBLE ITEMS:
- Baked goods
- Maple and honey products
- Jams and sauces
- Cold Soups
- Seedlings for food producing plants
ITEMS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SNAP:
- Hot prepared food
- Crafts or nonfood items (beauty products, flowers, etc.)
- Vitamins or medicines
Have more questions?
Please contact LFP at firstname.lastname@example.org